UPDATED July 19, 2020
We are closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization’s statements regarding COVID-19 cases and following guidelines from these agencies as well as local health authorities. In response, we have heightened our already stringent practices of food and environmental hygiene at our hotel. Efforts include increased hand hygiene training, hotel-wide sanitization, continuous disinfection and cleaning of high-touch items, general awareness training for all staff members, and more.
In addition to above measures, we encourage you to learn more about what you can do to travel safer. The World Health Organization has several recommendations to reduce exposure to a range of illnesses, including hand and respiratory hygiene as well as safe food practices.
AMENITY & SERVICE UPDATES
On March 16th, NY Governor Andrew Cuomo announced that all dine-in restaurants must remain closed until further notice and public gatherings of over 50 people are prohibited. As a result, the following updates have been made:
• Both Pavilion Grille and Elements Restaurant and Lounge will be closed for on-site dining. Pickup and Room service will still be available to all guests.
• The Fitness Center and Indoor Pool areas will be closed.
• Once you are checked in, for your health and safety, we ask that if you should need anything you call the front desk rather than going in person.
Please note that the dates of reopening of these services will continue to change as the situation is evaluated by the state government. For the most up-to-date information, please visit ny.gov.
What is the new cleaning program called and what is the purpose?
LaGuardia Plaza Hotel has decided to actively embrace the Safe Stay initiative set forth by American Hotel and Lodging Association (AHLA). Safe Stay is a new initiative focused on enhanced hotel cleaning practices, social interactions, and workplace protocols, while ensuring transparency throughout the guest journey. The goal is to provide guests with assurance and peace of mind when they stay with us at the LaGuardia Plaza Hotel. We understand that there is a heightened concern regarding hygiene in a guest’s journey and we want to provide a level of trust and assurance in the cleanliness standards as travel begins again.
When will the new aspects of the Safe Stay program go into effect?
Proactive measures are already underway, and our guests will benefit from the changes upon their arrival.
Hasn’t my hotel experience been a clean one?
Yes! Along with memorable experiences and superior hospitality, we have long been committed to a clean and comfortable stay.
So, what’s different now?
At the guidance of AHLA, we have developed elevated processes and Team Member training to help LaGuardia Plaza Hotel guests enjoy an even cleaner and safer stay from check-in to check-out. The initiatives put forth create an additional focus on cleanliness that will be more visible to guests – in guest rooms, fitness rooms and in other public spaces. In accordance with the program, some possible additions to our cleaning procedures will include:
· Increased Cleaning Frequency: In addition to our standard cleaning protocols, requiring that surfaces at thoroughly treated with hospital-grade disinfectants, this cleaning will be done with increased frequency.
· High-Touch Surfaces: Extra attention on light switches, door handles, TV remotes, thermostats and more.
· De-cluttering In-Room Amenities: We are removing pens, paper and guest directories from the rooms.
· Guest-Accessible Sanitation: We will provide guest accessible stations at primary entrances and key high traffic areas.
· Physical Distancing and Queuing: To support recommended social distancing we will be removing or re-arranging furniture in public areas to allow for more space. Signage will also be throughout the hotel to manage guest and associate interactions.
Will hotel staff have PPE (personal protective equipment)?
Yes, hotel Team Members will be provided with personal protective equipment and enhanced training designed to protect their well-being while continuing to deliver unmatched hospitality.
If I am a healthcare professional or a front line worker, are there special rates offered at this time?
We continue to work with our front line community on rates and accommodation needs. To connect directly with a hotel associate regarding needs for accommodations, please contact 718.457.6300 or visit our reservations page.
Where can I find out more information about AHLA’s response to COVID-19
For more information on the initiative, please visit AHLA’s Stay Safe page.
EXISTING & NEW RESERVATIONS
In these uncertain times, we understand that flexibility is important. Therefore, we are adjusting our cancellation policies for reservations with stay dates through July 31, 2020. All reservations that are scheduled for arrival before July 31, 2020 can be changed (you will only be charged the applicable room rate difference) or cancelled at no charge. We just ask that you let us know 24 hours prior to arrival if you are able to.
We will continue to monitor the situation and revisit this policy as needed. If you need to make changes to your reservation, please contact our Reservations Team at 718.457.6300. If your reservation was made through a third party (i.e., Booking.com, Expedia, etc.), please contact them directly for assistance.
We are committed to complying with the stringent health standards recommended by local health authorities during this public health situation. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.